Five Differences Between SAP CPS and SM36
1. SAP CPS is used to handle the scheduling of SAP and non-SAP jobs while SM36 only handles SAP jobs.
2. SAP CPS jobs are event dependent while SM36 based jobs are time dependent
3. SAP CPS has a more complex workload distribution concept while SM36 is only based on available background work processes – less complex workload distribution capability.
4. SAP CPS caters has provisions for about hundred (100) job priorities while SM36 has provisions for three (3) job priorities.
5. SAP CPS can be used for central scheduling of both SAP and non-SAP system while SM36 allows for localized job scheduling on a system.