SAP HANA, express edition is a streamlined version of SAP HANA that can run on laptops and other resource-constrained hosts, such as a cloud-hosted virtual machine. SAP HANA, express edition is free to use for in-memory databases up to 32GB of RAM.
Memory capacity increases beyond 32GB are available for purchase at the SAP Store.
- Visit SAP Hana, express edition download page
- Click link for step 1 (Register and download SAP HANA, express edition download manager) and complete registration form
- On the following page, click Windows download link
- Double-click the completed HXEDownloadManager_win.exe program and select the following options:
- Install a Hypervisor (e.g. VMware Workstation Player)
- Import Virtual Machine (hxexsa.ova) into the Hypervisor
- RAM - 16 GB RAM minimum. 24 GB RAM recommended.
- HDD - 120 GB HDD recommended.
- Cores - 2 cores (4 recommended).
- Hardware Virtualization - (Intel processors only) For Intel processors, virtualization is a BIOS setting known as either Intel Virtualization Technology or Intel VT.
Go to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005486.htm to determine if your processor is capable of supporting virtualization. If
virtualization is turned off on your virtualization-capable machine, consult documentation from your machine vendor on how to enable virtualization
technology (or Intel VT) in the BIOS.
- Download Eclipse Neon. Just go to www.eclipse.or/neon and hot download. This isn’t and install, you can save it to an eclipse folder on your laptop and create a shortcut for the exe file. For instance, I have it in \Users\Owner\eclipse\java-neon\eclipse\eclipse.exe
- You will also be updating your hosts file at some point on this webinar. I personally fined Notepad++ a great editor.
You can download it from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.1.htmlYour host file is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
You will be adding an IP Address like below… DO NOT DO THIS YET!! THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE